Currently there are exceptional internship opportunities available for the Spring, Fall, and Summer semesters for Business majors. The chosen candidate(s) will represent the SEED program in Uganda or Ghana.
The duties and responsibilities of the interns will vary according to the needs of the program and the semester in which you choose to participate. However, an example of general intern responsibilities is given below.
- Teach Phase 2 curriculum to entrepreneurial teams (curriculum provided)
- Mentor entrepreneurial teams in preparation of business plans
- Coach existing entrepreneurial teams and provide monthly financial reports
- Complete necessary steps to help businesses become operational
- Recruit new participants for the program
- Keep a record of activities to prepare incoming interns
- Act as a liaison between loan collectors, loan groups and the SEED program directors
- Other fiduciary responsibilities as needed
Wasatch Social Venture Blog - Ghana