Apply for a Professional MBA
For specific professional cohort information including start dates and deadlines, please see the chart on the Program Locations page.
You will need to submit the following items online to the School of Graduate Studies. The application and fees are needed to begin the application process. All items must be received by the School of Graduate Studies before the application is considered complete.
IMPORTANT: On your application under "Additional Information," please specify the program location where you would like to take classes.
You will also need to provide:
- A one-page summary of career goals and objectives (please cut and paste this information into the essay portion of the online application)
- Resume (please email your resume to HuntsmanMBA@usu.edu)
- $55 nonrefundable application fee
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities you have attended. Please mail to School of Graduate Studies, 0900 Old Main Hill, Logan, UT 84322-0900.
- 3.0 or higher GPA on your last 60 semester or 90 quarter credits
- Three (3) letters of recommendation (two (2) from faculty members). Prospective students who have been out of school for more than two years may submit three (3) professional letters of recommendation. The names and emails of the individuals are entered directly into the application. These persons are then emailed a link to a web interface where the letter of recommendation is submitted.
- GMAT or GRE test scores: Applicants to the MBA program are required to take either the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) Graduate Record Examination (GRE), or Miller Analogies test. An admission test is required of ALL applicants with the minimum score at or above the 40th percentile in the quantitative and verbal portions of the exam. Only the quantitative and verbal sections of the exam are reviewed. An application may be submitted before taking the GMAT, GRE, or MAT.
- International test scores (international students only): TOEFL scores of 213 Computer / 79 Internet, IELTS score of 6.0 (and a minimum score of 5 on each subscale), or PTE Academic score of 53.
Utah State University – Career Services is one of three GMAT testing centers located in Utah. Testing is conducted on-campus every Wednesday. For more information, visit www.mba.com.
Note: Applicants can check their application status after the application is submitted and the $55 fee is paid. It usually takes two to four business days for the Graduate School to process an application online before it is sent to the MBA office for review.
All deadlines are soft deadlines. We will continue to accept applications until all of the program seats have been filled.
For information on how to complete these prerequisites, please consult our "Prerequisite Completion Guide"
All applicants must demonstrate proficiency in the following areas:
- ACCT 2010 - Survey of Accounting I (Financial)
- FIN 3400 - Corporate Finance
- MGT 3500 - Fundamentals of Marketing
- Excel Proficiency - Course to be completed through MyEducator