FJ Management Scholarship Application
The FJ Management Scholarship is available to any student at USU, with a preference for students in the Huntsman School of Business and College of Engineering. The scholarship award process is managed through the Jon M. Huntsman School of Business.
- Scholarship recipients must be a former or current employee, or the spouse or child of a former or current employee of Flying J or the FJ Management Corporation.
You will be asked to list the name of the FJ Management Corporation Employee(s) that qualifies you for this scholarship.
- Recipients must have a minimum GPA of 3.0.
HOW TO COMPLETE THE APPLICATION
Please answer all questions to the best of your ability. Not all questions are required; however, the more you answer the better your chances are of receiving one of the FJ Management Scholarships.
The application will allow you to save your application and return at a later time to load, complete and submit your application. Please make sure to read the instructions on the application introduction about saving/loading applications.
Below is a list of the materials that you will need to have on hand at some point as you complete your application.
- Honors, awards, and formal recognitions received
- USU Leadership activities
- University and civic clubs/organizations/sports teams membership
- Service organizations or personal service given
- Other items you wish the scholarship committee to consider
DATES TO REMEMBER
- January 5, 2015 – Scholarship application open
- February 27, 2015 - Scholarship applications for the FJ Management Scholarship must be submitted online no later than 5 p.m. on this date.
- March 20, 2015 - Receive by email an award or decline letter from the FJ Management Scholarship Review Board.
- April 3, 2015- Return signed acceptance letter via email to the Jon M. Huntsman School of Business, Programs and Advising Center (Business Building room 309). Remember, a copy of the donor thank you letter, a biography and high-quality photo must be included with your acceptance. You will receive step-by-step instructions on how to submit all required paperwork via email. Make sure you keep a copy of the award letter for your own records.
- Annual Fall Awards Banquet (Huntsman School Students ONLY) – If you are awarded and accept a scholarship, you must attend the Huntsman School of Business Annual Fall Awards Banquet or you may forfeit your scholarship.
WHAT HAPPENS TO YOUR APPLICATION
Your application is considered for an award by the FJ Management Scholarship Review Board. This board is comprised of faculty and staff from USU Admissions and the Jon M. Huntsman School of Business. After the awarding has been completed, award and decline letters will be emailed to you.
We wish you the best of luck in your scholarship quest. If you have any questions not answered above, please contact the FJ Management Center for Student Success, BUS 309, 797-2272.