Individuals who do not have an undergraduate business degree can complete the needed academic requirements as part of the foundations acumen program.
ACCT 2010 & 2020 OR ACCT 4700: Financial and Managerial Accounting (3)
FIN 3400: Corporate Finance Essentials (3)
MGT 3500 OR MGT 4800: Marketing (3)
- 3.0 or higher GPA on your last 60 semester (or 90 quarter) credits
- GMAT, GRE, or MAT test scores (all tests are equally acceptable):
- www.mba.com, 40th percentile in quantitative and 40th percentile in the verbal
- www.ets.org/gre, 40th percentile in quantitative and 40th percentile in the verbal
- MAT, 40th percentile overall.
- The MHR Program has accepted the LSAT, DAT, or MCAT in lieu of the GMAT or GRE. Please contact our office for specific details.
- I have a good answer for WHY I want to get an MA from Utah State.
- I have completed the MyEducator prep courses or have completed equivalent courses in my undergraduate degree. If not, please see #2.
MyEducator prep courses – start now!
- Our office would be happy to discuss your individual situation. Please feel free to contact us.
Note: It is not necessary that the prep courses be completed before you make application, but you will need to complete all prep coursework before you may start the upper-division material.
Fill out the online application (http://rgs.usu.edu/graduateschool/admissions).
- INCLUDE: The email addresses of three people who will be submitting a letter of recommendation on your behalf.
- Prospective students should submit three professional recommender names when applying for the Executive MHR Program.
- The names and email addresses of the recommenders are entered directly into the application. The School of Graduate Studies will email a link to a web-interface form where the letter of recommendation is submitted.
- INCLUDE: A one-page summary of career goals and objectives
- Please cut and paste this information into the essay portion of the online application
- Should you forget to put this with the application, you may email it to the MHR Program (email@example.com)
- INCLUDE: GMAT, GRE, or MAT test percentiles (since the application only allows for a two-digit number)
- SUBMIT: Official scores to the School of Graduate Studies.
- An admission test is required of ALL applicants with the minimum score of the 40th percentile in the quantitative and verbal portions of the exam.
- Only the quantitative and verbal sections of the exam are reviewed. We do not review the analytical writing section.
- An application may be submitted before taking the GMAT, GRE or MAT, but we do not consider your application complete until your official scores have been submitted.
- All tests are equally acceptable.
- SUBMIT: Application. You will pay the non-refundable $55 fee to the School of Graduate Studies to submit your application.
- SEND: Official transcripts from all colleges and universities you have attended.
- Please email to Linda Sparrow (firstname.lastname@example.org) or mail to School of Graduate Studies, 0900 Old Main Hill, Logan, UT 84322-0900.
- If you’ve ONLY attended USU, you do not need to send an official transcript. We will do that for you.
- SEND: Résumé (email to email@example.com)
Note: Applicants may check their application status after the application is submitted and the $55 fee is paid. I may take up to four business days for the Graduate School to process an application online. It is then sent to the MHR Program for review.
- English Language Scores (ONLY ONE REQUIRED)
- SUBMIT: TOEFL: 213 Computer / 79 Internet
- SUBMIT: IELTS score of 6.0 (and a minimum score of 5 on each subscale)
- SUBMIT: PTE Academic score of 53
- Call our office to set up a time.
- Please tell is if you are unable to meet in person to see if other arrangements may be made.