The following is a list of current projects that we are working on.
- Market basket analysis for major online retailer
- Accounting and billing solutions for utility management company
- Data visualization tools for strategic partners at utility management company
- Analysis and web portal development for Huntsman School recruiting and student ambassador program
- Financial Data Research Services optimizing data from Bloomberg
- Student produced video learning tools dealing with database design, implementation, and data analysis
- Social media dashboard for public relations and social media manager
- Mining customer experience data to track effect of technology change on customer satisfaction for a multinational computer technology corporation
Integrating Business Intelligence and Decision Focused Database Methods: A Prescriptive Principles Approach
Multidimensional Analysis and Cube Deployment for MIS Graduates and Business Professionals
- A pedagogical paper that lays out a module for teaching undergraduate and graduate students when and how to use triggers, using real customer loyalty data from the retail industry
- A pedagogical paper that teaches MIS students about multidimensional analysis and the intrinsic value of cubes, using a real data set from a business partner with the MIS department.
Business Intelligence And Information Systems: Enhancing Student Knowledge In Database Courses
- ABSTRACT: Companies are increasingly relying on business intelligence (BI) for decision making. However, integration of BI into university business courses has not kept pace with market needs. The purpose of this paper is to outline an innovative business intelligence teaching module for management information systems (MIS) education. The module was designed to highlight the basic principles of business intelligence as well as provide an applied experience with Microsoft Visual Studio using the Analysis Services and Reporting framework. This teaching module seeks to provide Information Systems students a relevant introduction to BI, providing a springboard to expand BI knowledge and prepare students for success in the business world.
Olsen, David H., and Pam-Dupin Bryant. "Business Intelligence And Information Systems: Enhancing Student Knowledge In Database Courses."Review of Business Information Systems (RBIS) 16.1 (2011): 1-14.
Combining Business Intelligence And Stock Market Data: A Primer For Data Analytics And Business Intelligence
- ABSTRACT: Business Intelligence (BI) has become indispensible to modern business decision-making. Organizations rely on BI to interpret the mass amounts of data circulating throughout the world. However, integration of BI into university business programs does not parallel industry demands. The purpose of this paper is to introduce an innovative business intelligence project tutorial for Information Systems (IS) education. The applied tutorial was designed to help students learn how to design and publish a report using SQL Server Reporting Services to analyze current stock market data. This tutorial exposes students to the decision-making power derived from raw data analysis and assists in development of business professionals who can maximize profitability through effective use of business intelligence.
Olsen, David H., and Pamela A. Dupin-Bryant. "Combining Business Intelligence And Stock Market Data: A Primer For Data Analytics And Business Intelligence." Journal of Applied Business Research (JABR) 29.1 (2012): 139-156.