Undergraduate Admission Requirements
Admission into the Jon M. Huntsman School of Business is competitive based on available space. Admissions requirements are as follows:
- Incoming freshman may be admitted into the Huntsman School of
Business if they have a composite ACT score of 24 or above (26 or above
for Accounting majors), and a High School GPA of 3.5 or above (3.6 or
above for Accounting majors).
- Students that are accepted to Utah State University, but do not meet the ACT and GPA standards, may be designated as an Undeclared-Business major. This designation is for students who have not been formally accepted into any USU degree program, but plan on applying for admission to the Jon M. Huntsman School of Business upon completing 24+ credit hours. Advising for undeclared business majors is done through the University Advising Center. To contact them click here or call 435-797-3373
- USU students or Transfer students may be admitted into the
Huntsman School of Business if they have earned 24 or more post-high
school college credits with 3.5 GPA
- Students not meeting the above conditions are encouraged to apply. Applications will be accepted after a student has:
- Earned a minimum overall GPA of 2.67
- Completed at least 24 post-high school college credits of coursework, including ECN 1500, ENGL 2010, and STAT 2300 with a grade of C or better
Note: Effective Summer 2012 - ENGL 2010 replaced MIS 2200 as an admission requirement.
Students who completed MIS 2200 prior to Summer 2012, may use that course to fulfill the ENGL 2010 requirement.