Participating in the Jon M. Huntsman School of Business internship program provides students the opportunity to apply the knowledge and skills they have gained in the classroom into a work environment. Students must meet the guidelines listed under each course to qualify for the respective course.
ADVANCED INTERNSHIP (1-9 credits available)
ACCT 4300, ECN 4250, FIN 4250, MGT 4250, and MIS 4250
Students wishing to complete the advanced internship course should meet the following guidelines:
- Be a Jon M. Huntsman School of Business major or minor
- Have completed a minimum of 60 credits
- Have completed a minimum of two 3000 or above business courses
- Major-related job duties should be over 50 percent of time spent on the position
- Internship must be approved by the department offering credit
- Students wishing to take MGT 4250 must have a management faculty member agree to mentor their internship experience.
With the faculty member, complete the form found at
http://www.ece.usu.edu/classes/ECE4250/Form%201.pdf and return to their Huntsman School academic advisor.
- All other students should submit an offer letter containing the following to their Huntsman School academic advisor.
- Student’s full name
- Supervisor’s name, phone number, and email
- Location of internship
- Internship title
- Dates of internship
- Number of hours expected to work each week
- Distinguish if the internship is paid or volunteer
- Description of duties
GRADUATE INTERNSHIP (1-3 credits available)
Students wishing to complete the graduate internship course should meet the following guidelines:
- Be working toward a Master’s degree in the Jon M. Huntsman School of Business
- Have a business internship that will qualify for graduate internship credit (to be determined on a case-by-case basis)
- Business-related job duties should be over 50 percent of time spent on the position
- Students working toward graduate degrees should contact the appropriate departmental faculty advisor
Undergraduate students can earn up to 9 Advanced Internship credits (ACCT 4300, ECN 4250, FIN 4250, MGT 4250, and MIS 4250) prior to graduation. Most graduate students in the Jon M. Huntsman School of Business are eligible to earn up to 3 credits of Graduate Internship.
The number of credits available depends on the hours spent working. Interns will also receive a Pass or Fail grade based on work performance.
||Paid Work Hours per Week
||Paid Work Hours per Semester
||Volunteer Work Hours per Week
||Volunteer Work Hours per Semester